Monday, February 15, 2016

Ajay, First Month In The Books

Ajay,

Wow. It's already been 30 days since I launched my web design business. Hard to believe. Today I will update you on the stats and for the rest of the week I will highlight some lessons I have learned and changes I am going to make for the next 30 days.

Building a successful business is about constant improvement. You have to constantly evaluate your business model, processes and your results. If you don't, you will find yourself on the hamster wheel of business. Running like mad, but never really going anywhere.

So, let's take a quick look at how my business is going so far.


Official Business Launch: January 12, 2016 at 10:09 a.m.

Key Performance Metrics (KPM) through Feb 11, 2016 (31 days total)

Visitors - 68
Leads - 46
Sales - 7
Customers - 5
Sales Revenue - $2,330.00
Expenses - $1,404.91 (Expenses for the first month including sales tax and merchant fees)

Time Spent - 76.6 hours

Well, there you have it. Off to a good start, but not making any real money yet. In fact, if you take the revenue minus expenses I end up with just $925.09. Divide that by 76.6 hours and it comes to a measly $12.07 an hour. But remember, we are building a business here.

It takes time.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. The fact is, most people give up after just a few months. The sad part is, they give up just as the momentum is starting to build. They are only a few months away from the "tipping point." We will discuss this more throughout the week.

For now, consider this.

If I wanted to start a franchise today, I would need to invest $100,000 or more depending on the type of business. I would also need working capital to keep the business running until I had enough sales to cover expenses. In total, I would need to put $200,000 or more into that investment and spend 12-24 months without a paycheck, building the business.

Compare that to my web design business. I invested a few hundred dollars to land my first 3 clients and then I have been cash-flow positive since then. If you want to see all the details, you can join me and a small group of freelance web designers here:

http://www.on2url.com/lnk?MTg1MTUyNHwxMTU1Mzc2Njc3fHM9MQ%3D%3D


That link will take you to a coaching program I just launched. I am helping a small group of web designers break through barriers and finally reach their goals in 2016. If you have any questions about the coaching program just reply to this email.


To your success,


Conrad Feagin
LearnWebDevelopment.com - Learn. Soar. Get Ahead.


P.S. I am looking for few web designers who want to expand their business in 2016. If you are interested, follow this link for the details:

http://www.on2url.com/lnk?MTg1MTUyNXwxMTU1Mzc2Njc3fHM9MQ%3D%3D
----------------------------------------
------------------------
TechnicalLead.com, Inc.
PO Box 1355
McKinney, TX 75070
----------------------------------------
------------------------


If you no longer wish to receive communication from us:
http://prioritymessage.net/o?r=81f0309556b049bbaf467b66d3e537a3&schd=145834013

To update your contact information:
http://prioritymessage.net/o?c=1&r=81f0309556b049bbaf467b66d3e537a3&schd=145834013

No comments:

Post a Comment