Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Ajay, 21 days to form a habit?

Ajay,

Conventional wisdom says it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Modern studies show it takes closer to 66 days on average. The exact number is not important. Let's just use 66 days to be conservative.

So, what is one of the most important habits you can develop in your web design business?

Time tracking.

Time is your most valuable resource. It is scarce. You need to protect every minute you have. If you are building your business part-time, you have only a couple of hours each day. What happens if you waste two hours on Facebook pretending to do "social media." That's a whole day lost. Gone. You will never get that time back.

If you are tracking your time and tracking your marketing, you will know exactly how many hours you are spending each month on social media. You will also know how much revenue was generated from that marketing channel. Then, with those two numbers you can calculate your revenue per hour from Facebook.

I hope you have noticed the detail in my stats updates. I always include the time I am spending. For example today's update shows 56.74 hours. Out of those 56.74 hours I know how much time I have spent on marketing. It's 6.72 hours. And then I can drill down even further and see how much time I have spent on each marketing campaign.

Why would I take the time to do this?

Simple. I want to spend my time on the most profitable activities. If 6 hours on Facebook lands me a new client worth $2,500… great. Time well spent. If not, I need to focus on something else. The key is to track everything. That's the only way to find out what works.

So, lets start developing this habit right now. Click here for my favorite tool for tracking your time.

http://www.on2url.com/lnk?MTgzMTMxMnwxMTU1Mzc2Njc3fHM9MQ%3D%3D

You get a free trial for 30 days and $10 off if you decide to continue. If you have any questions, just reply to this email and Monica can help you out.


Now let's take a look at the business stats.


Official Business Launch: January 12, 2016 at 10:09 a.m.

Key Performance Metrics (KPM) through Feb 1, 2016 (21 days total)

Visitors - 54
Leads - 38
Sales - 5
Customers - 5
Sales Revenue - $1,874.77
Expenses - $195.39 (These represent Marketing expenses so far)
Profit - $ (Will update at the end of the month)

Time Spent - 56.74 hours

I have launched 7 different marketing campaigns. Here is what I am testing so far… Google Adwords, Craigslist, Periscope, Thumbtack, Bing Ads, Twitter and Bulletin Boards.


To your success,


Conrad Feagin
LearnWebDevelopment.com - Learn. Soar. Get Ahead.


P.S. I am looking for few web designers who want to expand their business in 2016. If you are interested, follow this link for the details:

http://www.on2url.com/lnk?MTgzMTMxM3wxMTU1Mzc2Njc3fHM9MQ%3D%3D
----------------------------------------
------------------------
TechnicalLead.com, Inc.
PO Box 1355
McKinney, TX 75070
----------------------------------------
------------------------


If you no longer wish to receive communication from us:
http://prioritymessage.net/o?r=81f0309556b049bbaf467b66d3e537a3&schd=145558204

To update your contact information:
http://prioritymessage.net/o?c=1&r=81f0309556b049bbaf467b66d3e537a3&schd=145558204

No comments:

Post a Comment