Monday, January 25, 2016

Ajay, Weekend Update, 2 More Clients

Ajay,

I hope you had a good weekend.

Business has been like a "roller-coaster" around here. I followed up with one of my hot leads on Friday, thinking I was about to close the deal. After just a few minutes on the phone, he told me he had hired another designer.

What a blow.

I had a good feeling about the project. I had spent quite a bit of time on a mockup and had built some really good rapport with him. I know I can't win them all, but that doesn't make it any easier. Rejection is tough.

So, what would you have done in this situation?

A. Said "Thank you for your time" and moved on?

B. Found a way to turn lemons into lemonade?


Well, I don't give up easily.

The first thing I did was ask "Why did you decide to go with another designer?" This may feel awkward at first, but most people will respect you for trying to learn from your mistakes.

He said he liked the mockup, but thought another designer was a better fit from a design standpoint. Fair enough. But as we talked further, another door opened up. He mentioned that he really needed some help with marketing. I asked for some detailed information and told him I could help him out.

Over the weekend we exchanged a couple of emails and he hired me to set up a marketing campaign for him. All because I refused to give up. And while all of this was going on, I landed another project from one of my first leads. We have been emailing back and forth, off and on for 10 days.

Do not underestimate the power of persistence.


Now let's take a look at the stats.


Official Business Launch: January 12, 2016 at 10:09 a.m.

Key Performance Metrics (KPM) through Jan 23, 2016 (12 days total)

Visitors - 39
Leads - 33
Sales - 4
Customers - 4
Sales Revenue - $1,312.40
Expenses - $187.20 (These represent Marketing expenses so far)
Profit - $0 (Will update after completion of first project)

Time Spent - 35.21 hours

I have launched 7 different marketing campaigns. Here is what I am testing so far… Google Adwords, Craigslist, Periscope, Thumbtack, Bing Ads, Twitter and Bulletin Boards.


To your success,


Conrad Feagin
LearnWebDevelopment.com - Learn. Soar. Get Ahead.


P.S. I am looking for few web designers who want to expand their business in 2016. If you are interested, just reply to this email and fill out the following info:


Website:

Business Goals for 2016:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:


I will contact you personally and brief you on this exciting opportunity.
----------------------------------------
------------------------
TechnicalLead.com, Inc.
PO Box 1355
McKinney, TX 75070
----------------------------------------
------------------------


If you no longer wish to receive communication from us:
http://prioritymessage.net/o?r=81f0309556b049bbaf467b66d3e537a3&schd=145346066

To update your contact information:
http://prioritymessage.net/o?c=1&r=81f0309556b049bbaf467b66d3e537a3&schd=145346066

No comments:

Post a Comment